FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Is there a Food and Beverage Minimum
Yes. The Food and Beverage Minimum is $300 per person and is not pre-billed. Members must use this amount in the restaurant, Stanley T’s, between club opening and September 30th. Alcoholic beverages are included. Unspent balance is billed to member account on October 1st.
2. Are there any other fees on top of Initiation Fees and Dues?
The only additional cost is $100 per person for a share at $100 (no HST). This is refunded at time of resignation of membership.
3. How often do the Initiation Fees change?
Initiation Fees and Dues are reviewed each year by the Membership Committee and the Board when setting the next year's Budget. Initiation Fees are adjusted as the economy fluctuates to assist in attracting and competing for new members.
4. Do new members sign a contract?
The only contract member’s sign is their application form, whereby members agree to adhere to Club policies.
5. Is there a cap on membership and if so, what is the current cap number?
Currently, the cap is 390 consisting of Senior (7 Day), Five Day (Mon-Friday only) and Intermediate members.
6. What has been the average annual increase over the last few years?
7. Does a spouse or secondary member have to apply at the same time as the primary member?
No – they may join at any time after the primary member joins, for 50% of the then current Initiation Fee + applicable annual fees. A secondary member must be either a spouse or an immediate family member.
8. What are the financing options available?
Financing options are available for both the one-time Entrance fee and Annual Dues and can be tailored to any individual. Please inquire with the Club.
9. Is this limited to the initiation fee or can the annual dues be financed as well?
10. What does the membership include?
Your annual dues include club storage, cleaning, pro shop services, practice range, putting green, reciprocal privileges, Club events (extra charge), various programs - Men's Wed. morning, Thursday evening, Ladies Tues. Morning, Mixed events.
11. Are there any restrictions on tee times, etc.?
No - only during outside tournaments which are kept to a minimum.
12. How far in advance can tee times be booked?
13. How are they booked (e.g. on-line vs. call)?
By phone, online, email or in person in the Pro Shop.
14. Is it first-come first-served?
15. Does this apply to reciprocal members as well?
Reciprocal tee times are arranged through our Pro Shop. Up to 14 days in advance.
16. Is this enforced for all members?
17. What times typically book up first?
Sat/Sun mornings between 8am and 11am
18. What are the details of the reciprocal agreements with other clubs? Are there any additional fees to play these courses?
There are no additional green fees for members - carts, food, beverage and guest fees if applicable, which can be charged back to your Briars account
19. Are there any restrictions on tee times?
Yes. Ask the Club for a detailed list.
20. Is there any limit to how often they can be played?
2 times per club per month for most Clubs with certain limitations on others. Ask the Club for a detailed list.
21. The web site indicates that the participating clubs can be played for NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. Is this correct?
Correct – green fees for members are included in annual dues; however, members are responsible for their guests' fees, meals, etc. Members must include their Briars Member Number and sign chits legibly.
22. What is the difference in the reciprocals with Meadowbrook & Toronto Ladies vs. the other courses?
Meadowbrook and Toronto Ladies are part of an alliance arrangement with more flexibility in tee times with these clubs than the others.
23. Can our annual membership change from year to year? For example, once the primary and the secondary memberships have been purchased, do both have to be purchased annually or can we opt to only buy one or the other?
Both must be renewed but members may change category when circumstances warrant.
24. Are there any penalties for not purchasing one of the annual memberships?
If a member does not pay annual dues on time, a late fee will apply and failure to pay dues results in termination of membership.
25. Are junior members allowed to bring adult guests?
Yes – they may bring guests and pay the applicable green fee.
26. How many times in a season may I bring the same guest?
Maximum 8 times and no more than twice in any month.
27. Must I be present in order to entertain guests?
No, a policy was approved in 2008 allowing a member to book tee times for guests without the requirement to be part of the group. The member is, however, responsible for ensuring that his or her guests abide by the Club’s policies.
28. How can I arrange golf lessons?
Just call the pro shop and speak with the Head Golf Professional or Assistant Professional.
29. Can I purchase golf products not displayed in the Pro Shop?
Yes. Please speak with our Head Golf Professional who would be happy to assist you.
30. How do I arrange club fitting?
Speak with the Head Professional at ext. 26 or another member of the Professional Staff at ext. 22.
31. Can I arrange for a private function in Stanley T’s?
Yes - just call 905-722-3772 ext. 24 and speak with our F&B Manger
32. Can I hold a family or corporate tournament?
Yes – please call the General Manager at ext. 23 or Head Professional at ext. 26.
33. Where can I get a membership application form?
Click here to download the 2017 Membership Application form.Also available from the Pro Shop, by phone, Club office or speak to the Membership Sales and Marketing Coordinator - Brian Allen at 905-722-3772 x 27 or email email@example.com